(7) ... the gods expressed
(8) their discontent ... The gods (made?) the sky come with a tempest of (rain?); it caused darkness in the Western region; the sky was
(9) unleashed, without ... ... more than the roar of the crowd; ... was powerful... on the mountains more than the turbulence of the
(10) cataract which is at Elephantine. Each house, ... each shelter (or each covered place) that they reached...
(11) ... were floating in the water like the barks of papyrus (on the outside?) of the royal residence for ... day(s),
(12) with no one able to light the torch anywhere. Then His Majesty said 'How these (events) surpass the power of the great god and the wills of the divinities!' And His Majesty descended
(13) in his boat, his council following him. The (people were?) at the east and the west, silent, for they had no more clothes (?) on them
(14) after the power of the god was manifested. Then His Majesty arrived in Thebes ... this statue; it received what it had desired.
(15) His Majesty set about to strengthen the two lands, to cause the water to evacuate without (the aid of) his (men?), to provide them with silver,
(16) with gold, with copper, with oil, with clothing, with all the products they desired; after which His Majesty rested in the palace - life, health, strength.
(17) It was then that His Majesty was informed that the funerary concessions had been invaded (by the water), that the sepulchral chambers had been damaged, that the structures of funerary enclosures had been undermined, that the pyramids had collapsed?
(18) all that existed had been annihilated. His Majesty then ordered the repair of the chapels which had fallen in ruins in all the country, restoration of the
(19) monuments of the gods, the re-erection of their precincts, the replacement of the sacred objects in the room of appearances, the re-closing of the secret place, the re-introduction
(20) into their naoi of the statues which were lying on the ground, the re-erection of the fire altars, the replacement of the offering tables back on their feet, to assure them the provision of offerings,
(21) the augmentation of the revenues of the personnel, the restoration of the country to its former state. They carried out everything, as the king had ordered it.
A Storm in Egypt during the Reign of Ahmose
6 июнь 1912 - Спустя пять дней после землетрясения на Аляске произошло извержение вулкана Новарупта - самое крупное в XX в. В течение 60 ч в атмосферу было выброшено 29 куб. км вулканических пород. Звуковая волна после взрыва была слышна в Атланте и Сент-Луисе. Расположенный неподалеку остров Кодьяк был покрыт слоем пепла в 30 см, а кислотные дожди, выпавшие на расстоянии до 600 км, были такой интенсивности, что у людей в Ванкувере одежда распадалась на нити.
Хроника ХХ века
Сейчас этот форум просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и гости: 3